Topics covered include:
- How it Works: the science behind aquaponics
- Overview: learn about the different kinds of systems from tabletop to commercial farms
- System Design: best practices, sizing components, optimal ratios
- System Cycling: starting up a new system without stressing your fish
- Running a System: day to day operation including water quality testing, pH management, oxygen and other parameters
- The Organisms: plants, fish, and bacteria
- The Environment: greenhouses, lights, humidity, air quality, and growing indoors
Attendees will also be provided with an electronic package of resources that will help them continue their journey of learning and growing sustainably with aquaponics, as well as a Certificate of Completion from Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
Saturday, June 23 | 10am-1pm | KPU Langley Campus | $99 ppture is sponsoring an aquaponics workshop on June 23 on the Langley campus.
Click here for tickets
Pics of KPU Faculty of Science and Horticulture
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.